[cumbria_lug] 50 more tickets for Barcamp Blackpool released today

Hassan "Haz" Williamson haz at hazrpg.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 02:28:53 UTC 2011

Hi Les,

Hmm... that is very tempting! Anyone else here considering going? We could
maybe get a car pool going or something. :)

You probably should have mentioned that its an unconferenced thing, and that
tickets are free in your e-mail. Seems it could be interesting, since I
couldn't make oggcamp a few weeks (month?) back. Seems I missed out on a lot
on that. However with it being near London, it was going to be a hassle to
get down there (price-wise, whether it was drive/train/bus).

For those that haven't been to an unconferenced before, or haven't heard
about them... basically there is no official schedule, anyone can go and
anyone can do a talk/discussion/etc if they so wish, or just observe/part
take in them. There's some REALLY good videos (however sound is a bit low on
them) of oggcamp here: http://blip.tv/show/772977 - and if that's anything
to go by, it could be a really fun and entertaining event!

Some videos that really got my attention from oggcamp were:

   - RepRap 3D printer - http://blip.tv/episode/5498989
   - Digital Image Forensic - http://blip.tv/episode/5487612
      - He talks about his tool called "CliTrack" (which he open-sourced)
      which can grab some really interesting information contained
inside of jpeg
      images. It can also do searches based on a small collection (i.e. finds
      similar images)... and many other things! Really interesting,
and funny to
      watch too!
      - Open Source Hardware - http://blip.tv/episode/5493542
   - Open Source Your Career - http://blip.tv/episode/5493784
   - And many many more... over all it seems I missed on a great
   unconferenced! :(

Like I said, it could be really fun to go to this one - with it being a bit
closer to home, and is about the same age as oggcamp.

--
Regards,
Haz

Blog: http://www.hazsoft.co.uk/