[dundee] Problems with USB mass storage device

Colin Brough dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 09:50:00 2003

> > OK so the USB is working as is the SCSI emulation layer.  Looked in /dev
> > for anything beginning with "s"
> >
> > [root@localhost fionnbar]# ls /dev/s
> > scd0    sd      sda1    sound   stderr  stdout
> > scsi    sda     shm     sr      stdin
>
>[ snippage]
>
> Strange that you don't seem to have that many scsi devices in /dev,
> perhaps you have some sort of devfs thing going on?

Is /dev/scsi a directory? If so, what's in there? I've got a devfs
thing going on, and the actual real devices are down inside
/dev/scsi/hostX/targetX/lun0/... Again, in my case, /dev/scd0, for
instance, is a symlink:

lr-xr-xr-x  1 root 31 Aug  9 09:40 /dev/scd0 -> scsi/host1/bus0/target3/lun0/cd

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough@blueyonder.co.uk