[dundee] Problems with USB mass storage device

Rob Sharp dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 18:36:00 2003

I may be wrong, as some people on the list know far more about Linux
than I, but I think more to the point is that the USB mass-storage
modules don't pick up the manufacturer/device ID. A way around this is
to edit the unusual devices header file in the usb section of the
kernel, adding the appropriate manufacturer and device IDs, and then
recompiling. Not ideal, but it does work. I had to hack the source to
get it to recognise the card reader.

If that didn't make any sense to you, then it may be easier to buy a CF
reader that is already compiled into the module...

As I was writing this I thought it'd be best to google before sending,
and lo and behold!

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-usb-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06729.html

Let us know how it goes...

Rob.