[dundee] cvs stuff

Colin Brough dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 21:30:01 2003

> Shouldn't we make a list of topics that people might find interesting
> and we can select one or two for each meeting i.e. how to configure and
> run Apache/firewall/MSDOS emulation/WINE etc.

Palm tools, if anyone is interested?

> Also it would be nice to know a few details about other members of the
> group i.e. what distribution does everyone use? I have Suse 8.1.

Mandrake 9.0; swithering about upgrading to 9.1 or waiting a couple of
months for 9.2. Going back in time: Redhat 5.2, Redhat 5.0, and
originally SLS 1.02 (kernel 0.99p9) - this originally was running X on
a 386DX-40 with 8Mb of RAM and a 1Mb graphics card... I've been using
Linux since May 1993 - and the proof is in the google:

> From: C M Brough (cmb@epcc.ed.ac.uk)
> Subject: Printing questions: SLS 1.02, HP-IIIP, dvilj2p
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux
> Date: 1993-05-19 03:38:48 PST
>
> Successfully managed to install SLS 1.02 yesterday - its as good as
> everyone in this group has said it is! Response times for several
> things on my PC at home feel better than on my SPARC at work!

And, for the record, emacs, latex, mutt, slrn, postfix, leafnode, twm,
mozilla... :-)

Cheers

Colin

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough@blueyonder.co.uk