[dundee] cvs stuff

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Mon Aug 11 21:09:00 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 20:20, Keir Lawson wrote:
> how can i, within a script (.sh), automatically detect whether a newer
> version of a program is in cvs without actually downloading it.

Hmm.. this doesn't really make much sense. CVS will usually be
constantly changing.. so there will always be a *new* version in there.

I don't use CVS myself... but it's probably trivial to keep a local CVS
tree in sync pretty much with the master one.

Unless your a developer or really need some feature from a CVS
version... it's much better to stick with proper releases.

> keir lawson
>
> ps. when  is the next meeting? i think this one should be arranged well
> in advanced.

And the last one wasn't? It did have on OK turnout...

--
Andy