[dundee] DNS theory

David R. Baird dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Sat Jun 14 11:15:00 2003

OK, up and running with Linux on my old Dell, and DHCP is working
fine from the XP box, so I can ssh in from XP to Linux, and I can
ssh and surf out from Linux to external sites.

I understand (roughly) how the gateway machine can handle
box on an internal network, but what I want to do now is set up
an http server on the Linux box, and also ssh in to the box from
outside, and I can't see how this is done. What sort of things
would I need to set up to allow this?

At the moment, the gateway is an XP box, but eventually I want to
swap them round and use Linux as the gateway/firewall.

dave.

--
Dr. David R. Baird
ZeroFive Web Design