[dundee] Next Meeting

Mark Harrigan dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Wed Jun 25 20:09:00 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 07:29:16PM +0100, Keir Lawson wrote:

> > I wouldn't worry about that... the kernel part alone could easily fill
> > that time ;)
> but do we want it to fill that time?  could get repedidtive/boring plua
> all weve had so far is talk after talk. why not try something different
>
> keir

To be fair Q&A doesn't work that well in a situation like that unless
we've got a specific area to ask about that's why the talks are set
out to set the tone and then the speaker can answer any
questions. Generalised Q&A sounds like what the mailing list is for.

I realise you're trying to cultivate a more social air to the meetings
but that does exist atm... it's just it tends to happen at the pub
afterwards (ok it only happened once but we've only really had one
proper meeting). There's no way to force people into being social as you
should have seen from the start of the previous meetings which
consisted of uneasy silence followed by uneasy silence...

Mark