[dundee] Pub again???

Robert Shand dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Tue Mar 11 22:03:02 2003

Well picture the scene...

INT: Games company, dimly lit with various useless yet semi informative
pictures on the wall

/Tired programmer leaves work and heads to the pub with some friend (
who hasn't checked email)/

Enter Pub  for drinks and snacks

Exit pub a couple of hours later, probably worse for wear, heading up
the street.

INT Night bustling pub with various people.....

/Geek enters looking slightly lost.  Everyone stops talking and looks at
geek./

/Geek moves quickly to bar/

/Geek nervously looks at various people.../

Bar person: Yeah?

Geek: Erm...? /(Thinking he has drunk too much already)/ I'll have a
lemondade...

/The drink is served and the bar girl goes off to be fondled by the bar
manager!/

/Geek looks around even more shipishly!

//Geek drinks lemonade./
/
Needing the loo, geek heads down to the toilet. (Hoping that any other
geeks are downstairs)

Geek doesn't find anyone else... heads home

/
Well as I look back at this email it was supposed to be funny....

Oh well I'm at home and I've still drunk too much :0)  Anyway we do need
a regular (perhaps not everyweek, unless we are hardcore) meet in which
those members who are not allowed to buy drink are more than welcome.
Has anyone made any inqueries?

Bob

PS - I'm going to fall over now....
/