[dundee] proposal of cancellation of tonight's meeting

Jonathan Barber jon at compbio.dundee.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 16:50:33 BST 2004

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 03:19:03PM +0100, Martin Habets wrote:

> > For the next meeting I could do a talk/web based presentation on setting
> > up multiple monitors and graphics cards with Xinerama (in my case, 3
> > monitors + 2 graphics cards).
> >

> > I also have most of a slide set ready covering RAID which could be
> > presented at a later date.
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> Which reminds me... I'd still like to know more about PGP. I have
> created a PGP
> key, but have some more "how to" issues beyond the basic commands:
> - I have 3 computers with 2 unique accounts on them (for which I would want to
> use PGP keys on occasion). Can I use the same key on all machines/accounts?
> And would that be smart?

What do you want to use them for?

> - Do I want to use the same PGP key to sign my email and to sign my
> Debian packages?

You can have seperate keys for seperate purposes, and this is usually a
good idea. But it depends on what you want to do with them.

There are some helpfull looking links from:
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-developer-duties#s-key-maint

> - Some documentation tells me to keep my key secret, and in other
> places it tells
> me to publish my key. What exactly should I publish (and how/where)?

You publish the public part of the public/private key pair. The private
part is never revealed to other parties. It's the bit that proves that
you are actually you.

--
Jon