[dundee] Re: Fwd: Open letter from Alan Cox

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Jun 2 14:41:54 BST 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 02:23:32PM +0100, Richard Earl wrote:
> There's no chance I'm voting for the UKIP! Having Kilroy on our side
> WILL destroy the credibility of free software - I'm not prepared to sell
> my soul that way.

Agreed :)

> I was planning on Green or SSP, but I have no idea what the SSP
> position on Software Patents is. I like their prinicples, but their
> attitude to most science-y things is a bit knee jerk and might swing me
> away from them.

I'm sure the SSP would be all against them but in my experience they
don't have any knowledge of the issue or of Free Software (had a
fun meeting with Glasgow's SLUG once where the SSP's Christmas office
party was happening at the next table).

SNP and Green are both very good on software patents.

Jonathan Riddell