[dundee] Re: Fwd: Open letter from Alan Cox

Keir Lawson keir at thelawsons.plus.com
Wed Jun 2 15:04:12 BST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-02 at 14:41 +0100, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 02:23:32PM +0100, Richard Earl wrote:
> > There's no chance I'm voting for the UKIP! Having Kilroy on our side
> > WILL destroy the credibility of free software - I'm not prepared to sell
> > my soul that way.
>
> Agreed :)
>
> > I was planning on Green or SSP, but I have no idea what the SSP
> > position on Software Patents is. I like their prinicples, but their
> > attitude to most science-y things is a bit knee jerk and might swing me
> > away from them.
>
> I'm sure the SSP would be all against them but in my experience they
> don't have any knowledge of the issue or of Free Software (had a
> fun meeting with Glasgow's SLUG once where the SSP's Christmas office
> party was happening at the next table).
>
> SNP and Green are both very good on software patents.
well people in my SSP branch cerianly know about linux/ free software
and belive it to be a very good thing, an opinion which i suspect is
reflected throughout the rest of the party, next party confrence i will
submit a motion calling on the party to explicitly back free software
and id be very suprised if it didnt pass

keir