[dundee] Fwd: Open letter from Alan Cox

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Thu Jun 3 16:05:55 BST 2004

Martin Habets wrote:

>Simon,
>
>What OSs do you run on these? I just bought a sparcstation 20. It is
>running Debian Linux and I'm trying to get sunos on it now.
>
>Would people be interested in a demo of a network install? i.e. all the
>daemons and files involved. We saw the initial ARP request when Simon brought
>in a sparc.
>For Debian I used the new sarge installer, but that is not too interesting
>because all you do is press return and wait... (if it works).
>
>Martin
>
> --- Simon Wells <swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk> wrote:
>

>>We are still identifying topics for a meeting. A notice will probably go
>>out later on today to advertise. The sparcstations are sitting under my
>>desk right now next to their new friend, the Sun SPARCserver 670MP that
>>I obtained recently.
>>Simon

>>Chat on IRC, #tlug on irc.oftc.net

>Chat on IRC, #tlug on irc.oftc.net

I have been too busy to get them set up but plan on installing netBSD to
the SPARCstations. I am not sure about the server but as it has a
975watt power supply and doesn't supply an awful lot in the way of cpu
power for that I probably won't actually use it regularly for the
forseeable future.
Simon