[dundee] Next meeting?

Welby McRoberts welby at wheely-bin.co.uk
Wed Jan 26 00:21:38 GMT 2005

Paul Mitchell wrote:

>I really need to come along because I need advice on how to set up Linux for
>the net, configure a firewall etc.
>
>I'm conversant with Windblows; my knowledge of Linux isn't that good though.
>If possible, I'd like someone to explain to me, a Linux noob, how to
>configure my broadband account for a start. I'll buy everyone a round if
>that can be done! I'm fed up of XP, it's constant need for patching and I
>know full well it phones home. Besides, I support open source as a concept.
>
>If anyone needs a lift to the next meeting I will be coming down from
>Forfar.
>
>regards
>
>Paul

>Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk

I can give a we quick tutorial on PF for (Open|free)BSD and how to set
it up for nat etc. And posibly touch on traffic shapping. I'm presumeing
your on aDSL (with you beeing in forfar), its quite easy to setup
(providing its either a ethernet modem, or a "speedtouch" dsl modem,
others can be done, but are harder to do imo))

Can i be cheeky and ask if you could make a wee detour via kirrie on the
way back ?

Welby