[Dundee] Perth Newbie

Martin Habets errandir_news at mph.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 19:43:14 GMT 2006

Hey all,

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 10:17:23AM -0000, David Lawson wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I have been living in Perth for almost 2 years and been working on a similar
> project to myspace for vertical markets. I only joined this Lug a short time
> ago, we must hook up. Good news you have moved into Perth, I only thought
> people retired to Perth turning it into a Jurassic Park and technology was
> science fiction.

I once had a talk in a newsroom with a Linux hacker who was far into his
seventies, but you couldn't tell from his comments and knowledge. You can
never tell these days...
Maybe Jurassic Park is a special distro for the elderly??? :)

> Do we have meetings in Perth?

I live in Perth as well, there is at least one other guy around here somewhere.
We have not had any meetings in Perth, but I see no reason there couldn't be.
Major problem of late has been that we cannot get a classroom at Abertay Uni
any more (where we can use an overhead projector etc.).

Lets see if Lee can come up with. I think some organisations have been using
a room at the AK Bell library here, but am not sure if they charge for that
(would expect not).

Off course we should always be able to squeeze in a pub meet!

Martin

> Regards
> David Lawson
>
> Personal Logistics Ltd