[dundee] Scripting across logins

Bruce Stewart bruce_stewart at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 9 21:04:47 GMT 2006

Hi Fionnbar,
	Perhaps this is going to sound rather stupid, but as you are printing
locally to a "PostScript" printer why don't you have the that queue point
to the print queue on the other machine? So your local queue preprocesses
to PS then sends the PS document to the remote queue.
As I understand, the queue on the remote machine should process the input
as if you were sending a document of any format to that queue locally on
that machine. So if you send a PS document to that queue, it should be
processed by the remote queue.
Of course this is not printing directly to the lpr/lpd style network port
on the printer itself (if it has one of course).

Regards
Bruce S.