[dundee] Ubuntu log-in

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:27:06 GMT 2007

I have forwarded this post for you Jacek, I have noticed that people
start getting bounce problems when a message has been sent with no
subject. Subsequent replies to a no subject ends up in Moderator
requests or bounces as the anti-spam filters thinks that it is spam.
So if people can make sure that the subject header is filled in for
every post, this will minimise problems.

Gordon

Ok,

    When I send posts via "reply" command
    I get my email returned.Thats why I send
    it as a new email each time and it lacks history.
    My last email with all technical details ( what I did
    after pressing alt+ctrl+f2 and what where the results

    I guess I was too harsh for ubuntu calling it crap but
    everybody likes to get logged in when he/she feels like.

I was asked if I made any changes or updates. Well,I was making
updates via synapsis.I was installing "kino".I was trying to install
graphic drivers...can't    remember what else. Anyway I've installed
quite a lot things just marked as updates.

    Dear Lee, I've heard that there are no stupid questions,
    just some stupid answers. I'm just the beginner and that
    mailing list is not working properly (I' not British
    either). I wish you could see these commands that
    I've sent. Where is that mail ?

    I have accessed that menu pressing alt+ctrl+f2.
    I have logged in. I have typed sudo pkill -gdm.
    Output(?) was like: no matching criteria specified
    pkill[-SIGNAL][-fx]

    I have typed startx and I got:
    fatal server error
    unable to connect to X server.

    I didn't have much awareness of what I'm doing
    Someone just told me to do it. I guessI was
    closing some other instance of gdm which is some
    windows type manager (or maybe that was X,got no idea).

    I will check your links and perform your commands.
    I will provide outcomes.

    Maybe I could reinstall ubuntu in the same place ?

--

                            Jacek