[dundee] Mint - Fedora

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 3 19:59:24 GMT 2007

Linux Mint is going to produce their version of Fedora with all the
codecs added:

http://linuxmint.com/blog/

I am not interested as I have got all the extra repositories and my
system is all finely tuned and I like playing around with things. It
means a newbie can try it out without having much knowledge of Yum or
repository control. I recently upgraded FC7 to FC8 via the network
(this not recommended) and using Yum Extender GUI (this is not
recommended) - I seem to like to do things that are not recommended.
It was O.K., I had to do some tweaks like erasing dbus.i386 first and
editing some repos settings, It took 2 hours for a 1.6 GB download and
1/2 hour upgrading of packages. In FC8 64-bit I had to remove the
32-bit libraries in KDE as they are no longer required. I found FC8
rocks and to be less buggy than FC7 (so far).

Gordon

Any ways dude, i hoped that helps and i look forward to seeing your
not response with regards to this and maybe between us all we can get
you up and running, or Gordon can convert you to the ranks of fedora

Arron