[dundee] saikee strikes again

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 4 15:10:29 GMT 2007

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/learn-the-dd-command-362506/?highlight=learn+dd+command

hi all.
though this will likely be old news to many of you, theres still an ever
growing number of linuxers who dont know anything about comand line, nor why
they should, what it can do, how fast and easy it can do some things, how
many things it can let you do and how many ways you can do it.......  in
short, there's just no incentive to learn the comand line promoted anywhere
sufficient to my high ideals and standards for the open source comunity.
well anyways, this link should provide one glimpse as to it's power, place,
purpose and potential.  i say that from only having just read the first
handful of paragraphs, having arrived there from a link inside the start of
saikee's thread about how to clone an xp system using a live linux cd.

anyone else got any suggestions to encourage greater take up of comand
line?  anything that might promote better integration of comand line to
graphical user interfaces?  any other
impressive-enough-to-get-past-"lazy-learner"-syndrome learning resources,
perhaps an essential top 5 comands or whatever, or something that lays out
the entire understaning, provides like a, a, topology~ ontology~   oh dear,
even i can tell i've strayed way off the plot into some idealist ramble when
i start using words on the periphery of my vocabulary.

Linus bless saikee.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/learn-the-dd-command-362506/?highlight=learn+dd+command

maybe now i'll get those jokes about rsync

--
The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is
not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the