[dundee] ffmpeg server missing library..

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Mon Dec 10 16:27:43 GMT 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:06:06 +0000, chris wyllie wrote:

> Hiya, I know I've mailed around a few times about this but I've found
> a new problem.
>
> I successfully installed ffmpeg and codecs from source following this
> tutorial:
> http://vexxhost.com/blog/2007/03/03/installing-ffmpeg-ffmpeg-php-mplayer-mencoder-flv2tool-lame-mp3-encoder-libogg-%E2%80%93-the-easy-way/
>
> This was some months ago. It was installed on a FC6 server over ssh.
>
> I go back now and discover this problem:
>
> sshuser at ... ~ ffmpeg
> ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libogg.so.0: cannot open
>
> Can somebody help please? I need to fix this. So far I have tried
> reconfiguring and compiling/installing both libogg and ffmpeg from the
> sources I used originally but it has not worked.
>
> Can someone tell me where the library file goes and how to replace it
> or just how to fix this problem?

It's part of the libogg package and lives in /usr/lib

Since you installed ffmpeg from source I'm guessing you don't have root
access?

You'll need to compile, or find a suitable binary package of libogg,
(you could get the src rpm build it under your home dir and possibly
install it under your home dir by changing the rpm roo.) and set
LD_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/path/to/ogglib

Andrew