[dundee] ffmpeg server missing library..

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 11 02:19:33 GMT 2007

okay.. some stuff to try

cat /etc/ld.so.conf

this is the dynamic linkers, this is where libraries
can hang out.

You'll probably see stuff like /usr/lib /lib etc etc.

don't worry about the too much.

when compiling libs from source , they are usually
placed in /usr/local/lib!!

as this is not on the linkers list, it's does'nt
get dynamicly linked when you executable is ran.

try this

updatedb

locate libogg.so.0

on my system
/usr/lib/libogg.so.0
/usr/lib/libogg.so.0.5.3

if you look closley

libogg.so -> libogg.so.0.5.3
libogg.so.0 -> libogg.so.0.5.3
libogg.so.0.5.3

so it's just a symbolic link to the actually
libogg.so.0.5.3

you see!!

I bet

a)

your libs gone into /usr/local/lib

your symbolic link has gone missing.

you'd dont have the library anywhere.

synmbolic links are admistrators gaffa tape,
it's just use to fix things on the file system!

it's used heavly in the lib directories!!!

windows has DLL hell, unix has symbolic madness!

hahaha

I've just checked my ld.so.conf file from mysystem
and it makes no sense!!!

hahaha, that's progress for you!!!

hahaahhhaa LOL

http://vexxhost.com/blog/2007/03/03/installing-ffmpeg-ffmpeg-php-mplayer-mencoder-flv2tool-lame-mp3-encoder-libogg-%E2%80%93-the-easy-way/