[dundee] apt-get apt-get

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 18 09:46:15 GMT 2007

how did you get into that situation?

chicken and egg!

you must be able to download the binary from somewhere

wget apt-get

"Digit (SG)" <digit.siljrath at googlemail.com> wrote: apt get apt get...?

apt-get is not installed according to the error message i get everytime i boot into studio ubuntu, and it tells me to apt-get apt-get... not very helpful.  and that sentiment, "not very helpful", is about the most helpful thing i've been able to find on the net searching for this.  how does one get around the problem where apt get has somehow gotten messed up?  how does one install apt-get without apt-get?

--
The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the language of hope; It speaks in the language of trust; It speaks in the language of strength, and the language of compassion. It is the language of the heart and the language of the soul. But always, it is the same voice. It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, And the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: We are one. No matter the blood; skin; world; star; We are one. No matter the pain; darkness; loss; fear; We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause. we agree to recognise this singular truth, and this singular rule: That we must be kind to one another, because each voice enriches us and ennobles us, and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one.
Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk