[dundee] apt-get apt-get

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 15:46:03 GMT 2007

to the best of my memory from the error messages recieved a few lines before
the message telling me to apt-get apt-get mention another partition, not the
one studio ubuntu is installed on, and how it's not run a scandisk for
60something days and will force scandisk, every time, and some other error
message after that, i forget what.. then along comes the apt-get apt-get
message, then it tells me to do control-D, which does nothing, but crt alt
del brings me neatly out of that situation to the login screen.

this still happens even after installing aptitude.  next time in
studioubuntu i shall try wget apt-get since aptitude install apt-get seems
to nothing to solve this booting hiccough, and havnt gotten around to
sussing out dpkg yet, which is next on the list after this wget.
... how many other ways are there?!
there's nothing really stopping me from installing any package manager is
there.... or does it not work like that?

... and people complained about rpm and dependance hell!  ha!  this seems
way worse.  at least in "dependency hell" i was in a gui that told me
everything i needed to know, what to get and just a clickyclick to install
it once got.  still, nice to know there's a dozen ways to get around it.
even if it does require a team of comunity support. lol.