[dundee] Old laptop

Nistur Effee nistur at karate.com
Fri Jul 6 21:41:23 BST 2007

First of all, Thanks again for the help. There was also a small misunderstanding, the disc it recognised before was the puppy install cd, which it could mount no problem. However any other CDs I seem to be having a problem with. I can confirm that the "Jump Along 2000 Toddlers" CD that I was asked to get working was recognised on this before and I also just tried Microsoft Dinosaurs, which I believe came with a machine running '95. That doesn't work either.
Thinking back now, it may have been on the first boot, while I was still setting things up that I mounted the Puppy CD so it may have broken since then.
I guess I'll try again with that CD and otherwise see whether I can get a CD dotpup file.
Apart from this small hiccup everything else is working great, USB media (all else fails I'll install the program from a flash drive) as well as wifi, sound, X setup perfectly, everything. Easier than I was expecting for this fossil.

I'll keep trying with the CDs
Thanks again
Signing out
Nistur                            nistur at karate.com