[dundee] Old laptop

William Cameron bc_dundee at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 17:52:30 BST 2007

oops, sorry, clicked the wrong button :-)From: bc_dundee at hotmail.comTo: dundee at mailman.lug.org.ukSubject: RE: [dundee] Old laptopDate: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 17:47:17 +0100CC:

Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 18:08:21 +0100From: azmodie at gmail.comTo: dundee at mailman.lug.org.ukSubject: Re: [dundee] Old laptopCC: from a few discussions on the ubuntu forums suggest something like http://fluxbuntu.org/although they dont have a fiesty base yet. they will be releasing gutsy gibbon in october.
screenshots:  http://shots.fluxbuntu.org/nbuild1-rev2/On 7/4/07, Nistur Effee <
nistur at karate.com> wrote:Hmmm where to start? I have a very... stubborn mother. She has an old Win98 laptop that she uses for childminding, *shudders* edutainment style games and the like however, with it being a cast off from one of the parents it has thousands of faults and takes hours to do anything.
She has so far been totally against the idea of putting Linux on it because "she won't know what to do". Going with children everywhere, I'm going to ignore her. I'll install Linux and see what she says, then install 98 after if she insists. I was just wondering what people would suggest in terms of distro. The HDD is only 2GB so Ubuntu/Minty is out of the question and I'd like to think I could get a variety of distros into working shape with some fiddling. Does anyone have any experience with lightweight (or maybe older versions) designed for Windoze migrants? (first one to say Lindows sits in the corner)
dundee.lug.org.uk-- An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.  - Niels Bohr
Email straight to your blog, upload jokes, photos and more.  Windows Live Spaces, it's FREE!