[dundee] Buggy Fawn

Arron Finnon arron.finnon at hotmail.co.uk
Sat Jul 14 11:23:20 BST 2007

Hi Guys,

I have put 7.04 feisty fawn on my system, as this is the one that i have
been helping out with at uni, and Ubuntu also being a distro that i
recommend on a regular basis.

This is the first time that i have used it as my main distro (Fawn thats is
not Ubuntu) and i must admit that i'm far from impressed with this one.

It seems to me to be completely buggy and far from a stable release.
Programs like Amarok, Democracy Player, Firefox, and Liferea reader are just
far to unstable and crash all the time.  I am impressed with my boot time
which i think i have now down to 20 sec's (i must admit that it takes GNOME
probably a lot longer to fire up than 20 sec's, but i admit that i can be
on-line within 1min of pressing the on button which to me if very good).

However i'm closer to taking it back off my system and moving back to Lenny,
which seemed 10 times stable.

Fawn gets a finux rating of 6/10 from me.

I know a few on the list have Fawn is any one else experience buggy issues?

Arron M Finnon