[dundee] ffmpeg and PHP FTP functions

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Fri Jun 8 14:46:48 BST 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 13:15:12 +0000, chris wyllie wrote:

> Thanks very much for the prompt replies.
>
> Is there not a problem handling file uploads of such large files
> through normal methods? I thought there was a max file size
> restriction on uploads and it would time out/reach this limit before
> it was done uploading a few hundred megs... Or is this not the case?
> Is it possible to upload such a large file in the regular way?

There may be filesize limits you can set in your web server, php etc.
They can be changed.

The other limit is the 2GB file size limit on 32bit machines. 32bit
machines implementing LFS (Large File Summit) support, i.e any semi
recent Linux distro will not in theory have this issue. I say in theory
because applications needs to be written to handle this and the likes
of Apache and wget didn't handle >2GB files on 32bit until recently'ish

Quick overview of some things that work and don'r work.:
http://kernel.org/faq/#largefiles

More info: http://www.suse.de/~aj/linux_lfs.html

Of course none of this applies to 64bit.

Andrew