[dundee] ffmpeg and PHP FTP functions

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Fri Jun 8 16:12:32 BST 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 14:28:53 +0000, chris wyllie wrote:

> Thank-you. So if I can change in the PHP ini file the max upload size
> and max post size, all should go well? How would I prevent the server
> timing out? I read something somewhere about someone planning to use
> a little AJAX request every so often to keep the connection open, do
> you think this would work?

Maybe, not something I'm really familiar with.

You can change various time limitations in both php.ini and apache
httpd.conf if that's what your using.

E.g in httpd.conf you can do this,

php_flag max_execution_time 900
php_flag max_input_time 900

TimeOut 900

> Would I encounter memory problems with the max memory setting in the
> ini file/would the server notice the difference?

I wouldn't have though it'd be using a lot of memory (unless it loads
the whole file into RAM before writing to disk, which I'm sure it
doesn't)

> Apologies for the 101 questions but I am extremely glad and thankful
> that you've all replied and I think I'm beginning to understand
> (maybe).
>
> Cheers

Andrew