[dundee] Elive 1.0

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:11:16 BST 2007

Hello folks!

I'm not sure how many people are going to be too interested but I thought
I'd share this anyway.

I don't think that the distrowatch release announcement has gone through
yet(at this moment right now) as the distro was just released yesterday or
so.

Elive, a Debian 4.0 variant with the Enlightenment WM, has been formed into
a new stable version. It really looks awesome and I'd urge you to check it
out. I looked at Elive 0.4 about a year and a half ago(I think) as an
alternative to the memory-hungry larger distro's I'd been using(SuSE,
Ubuntu, Xandros(Eugh) to name a few). I thought it would be a temporary
kinda thing. I was very wrong.

Now a permanent user I'm finding it hard to be swayed from it no matter
where I look for other distro's. It's downloading just now from softpedia(as
the free mirror went down on the official site) and can't wait to get
started using their new version.

Check it out if you're interested in a stable, efficient and resource-light
yet elegant distribution/desktop environment. You will not regret it, I
promise* =D

Cheerio, I'll hopefully hear from some of you at the next meeting if you
give it a go.

www.elivecd.com
www.enlightenment.org
http://linux.softpedia.com/progDownload/Elive-Download-3180.html

* You'll have to convince me of your definition of regret for that promise
to stand =P