[dundee] The Ubuntu Team

Gordon Dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 21:53:01 BST 2007

I am a Fedora man because I am interested in servers and clustering
stacks but I have a BIG respect for what Ubuntu is trying to do.
Tomorrow is a big day as the GPL3 is signed and the KDE world academy
commences. This conference has been organised by key Ubuntu team members.

http://behindubuntu.org/interviews/JonathanRiddell/

I have  volunteered to help out ( no, not for a silly T-shirt), they
need more people.

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=aKademy+2007+Helpers

I have signed up on the dotted line as a payback for what Linux has done
for me.

Why don't other people think about helping out. Am I mistaken, in that
in being a bit old and senile ,  that  people within the Linux community
use it for self-serving egotistical purposes. Here is a chance for
people that truly love Linux, to sign up to help the KDE conference ,
meet the people behind the scenes. Support the developers. Sorry! I
might get too emotional about my beliefs but at least I am being honest.