[dundee] The Ubuntu Team

Jason Cormie Jason-lug at wormwood666.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 22:30:01 BST 2007

Gordon Dunlop wrote:
> Why don't other people think about helping out. Am I mistaken, in that
> in being a bit old and senile ,  that  people within the Linux community
> use it for self-serving egotistical purposes. Here is a chance for
> people that truly love Linux, to sign up to help the KDE conference ,
> meet the people behind the scenes. Support the developers. Sorry! I
> might get too emotional about my beliefs but at least I am being honest.

Too right Gordon, go for it.

I'm not a KDE or ubuntu guy but I would be along if I was free for this
(honest).  The whole point about this open source business is the ability of
the user to interact with the provider, until the point the line is blurred.
I'm not a developer, nor a graphic designer, I only speak one (human) language
so to contribute to the movement I report bugs and try to close some of the
easier ones if possible.  Bug squashing is fun!!!

So far I've had umpteen changes to debian packages and patches in mailscanner
& grub.  Last month I was testing a 2.6.22 kernel patch for amd64 with ati
graphics cards, I tested a fix from Dave Airlie , then it went into the next
release candidate.

This is how I pay back the community... and I don't get a T shirt ;-)

--
Jason Cormie