[dundee] Abertay Linux Society

Arron Finnon arron.finnon at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 12:24:35 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know that the first meeting of the Abertay Linux society
went well, and 23 people signed up on the night.

We have a meeting planned for the 29th of March (Defiantly a Thursday night
i have checked my calender) at 7pm.

We spoke about a number of Linux related issues on the night, (ACPI, Wifi
Driver Card Issues, Graphic Card Problems, WINE, and the difficulties about
using a Linux Laptop within Abertay University, and a few other things).

As explained on the night if you know any one that is interested in joining
then bring them along on Thursday night.

If anyone would like to do a short talk on any Linux related subject could
they please send let me know by the no later than the 25th March, if there
isn't a short talk then we'll hold another open discussion.

The distro's we gave out on the night seemed to be very popular, and I'll
try and bring some more along.  If anyone wants a copy of Linux Mint if they
could drop me an email I'll make sure i have a copy burnt for you.

If you have any questions for me then please feel free to email me or you
can add me to Messenger if you have any questions (I'm on-line quite a bit
so you may have better luck with messenger)

I look forward to seeing you all again, and hope to see some new members
there as well.

Arron Finnon

0605909 at abertay.ac.uk

arron.finnon at hotmail.co.uk