[dundee] Mint

Paul Lancaster paul_lancaster at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 18:12:24 GMT 2007

Tried Mint, on 3 different systems.

    1 Young lads AMD 64 X2 +4600 939 2GB ram. - Success and he's not
used windows since, I think thats more due to him screwing Grub up and
cant find his windows partition.

    2 AMD 64 +3000 939 1GB ram - my test m/c, daughter's got her green
eyes on it. Must change my std password.

    3 Toshiba Laptop - crashes when booting from boot cd. Will try
Kubuntu this evening. Then i'll probably be looking for help to get the
wireless working.

The only difficulties weve had so far is we cant get Amorak to use the
mp3 files from the win2k3 server share. We can see them as movie player
will play a tune.

Anyone suggest an EASY distro (nubee here) to use as a file server. - to
run on either a Dual 500 celeron m/c (the current win2k3 server) or an
AMD XP +1300. Will need smb and windows logins to work - maybe not if i
get the laptop to work.

See yawl on thursday

Paul