[dundee] Digital TV in Linux

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Mon May 14 21:58:27 BST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 21:43:08 +0100
Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote:

> I've never really understood what exactly you plug into the card when
> doing DVB?
>
> Cheers for reading.
>
> Andrew

I'm not an expert but I gather there are different kinds of DVB
cards/boxes. I bought a USB-based DVB-T (terrestrial) box off eBay a
while back. It probably would have worked but I then discovered that
you can't get Freeview here. Bummer.

If you have a satellite dish then I think you can just get a DVB-S
(satellite) card/box and plug that right in. I'm not very familiar with
satellite but I'm guessing you can't use a dish with more than one
piece of equipment at a time?

*still on the bog standard 5 channels for now*
James