[dundee] Re: Taylug Co-Administrator

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 4 12:51:27 GMT 2007

As far as i understand the vote was on Kris being co-administrator of
the Dundee TayLUG.  As for the permanent roles of officers for the
TayLUG i'm unsure.  It has not been mentioned at any meeting i can
remember (I've been to all of them since the fortnightly meetings
started) and that's going back a fair few months now, well into the
2006. and it's been widely accepted that TayLUG was kind of defunct
which is why the society was created in the first place.  In most cases
LUG members vote on society matters as most from my impression see very
little difference between the two organisations.  I would also say
personally that i too would see my self as a member of both, but with
honesty my roles dwells within the spectrum of the society, certainly
for another year until re-election.

Most society members would look at themselves as LUG members as well,
and i don't think the majority of current active members knew Colin was
a permanent secretary, i can certainly say with hand on my heart that i
didn't, and i can imagine i'll not be the only one.  Gordon did call a
meeting where we discussed the current set up for the administrator of
the LUG, and there was 20 or so LUG members there, but no one discussed
electing new officers, or ratifying existing ones.

Maybe that's something that should be discussed in a meeting sometime in
the near future, what do you think rb.  Maybe we could run joint
elections each year for both organisations.  That way ensuring that a
democratic process is in place, and members would be able to have
frequent contact with the officers of the group that their involved in.

I suppose all people who have an active interest in the list, and the
lug should really comment on this.

Yours

Arron