[dundee] Network bandwidth

James Young j at jayoung.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 22:45:21 GMT 2007

Hi Paul,

Cat5e will work with gigabit although 'working with' and 'best
performance from...' are two different things.  CAT6 moulded cables
would be my recommendation.  Are your CAT5e's bought or made up?

What's the make/model of the switch?

Yep on the backplane - some switches are gigabit but have rubbish
backplanes.

You could very well be getting port flapping on the switch.  5% is poor.

Best wishes,

James