[dundee] Scotland & Linux

gordon dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 22:27:18 GMT 2007

Hi All,
I will be updating the Taylug web site over the next week, be patient. I
will be adding content about aKademy 2007 at the University of
Strathclyde, I have no decent pictures for aKademy or the  Debian
conference  at Edinburgh, so if any member has any please pass it on.  I
do have some mobile phone pictures  of Mark Shuttleworth's backside at
the KDE conference (It is only interesting to the female members of
Taylug), he kept turning around to answer a question to the crowd of KDE
developers as I pressed the take picture button! I think Scotland was on
the world stage with Linux this year through the KDE, Debian conferences
and the Eben Moglen lecture (personal opinion). I think now that we have
an independent government (sort of) that open source should be promoted
throughout Scotland (no offense to non-Scots, we take you in as part of
our community). I care about my country and my Linux and I will do my
best to promote that Linux should be looked at within government
departments in Scotland.