[dundee] Scotland & Linux

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:27:24 GMT 2007

great ideas there daniel.

On 11/11/2007, Daniel Lamb <daniel.lamb at dlcomputing.co.uk> wrote:

> I agree, get the word out and get people interested, I am very interested
> in
> this and am oushing opensource software at every available opportunity.
>
> I think we should look at a viable alternative for a compiled cd like
> theopencd, which is now no longer in operation.
>
> If we can get people onto opensource software then next time they look at
> new pc they might well truly consider linux, or at least be more open to
> it.
>
> For the next free software day I would suggest doing something in city
> centres, giving away cds, perhaps offer free installs of linux etc, what
> do
> other folk think?
>
> Regards,
> Daniel

The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice. The language is
not Narn, or Human, or Centauri, or Gaim or Minbari. It speaks in the
language of hope; It speaks in the language of trust; It speaks in the
language of strength, and the language of compassion. It is the language of
the heart and the language of the soul. But always, it is the same voice. It
is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, And the voice of our
inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: We
are one. No matter the blood; skin; world; star; We are one. No matter the
pain; darkness; loss; fear; We are one. Here, gathered together in common
cause. we agree to recognise this singular truth, and this singular rule:
That we must be kind to one another, because each voice enriches us and
ennobles us, and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the
Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better
future. We are one.