[dundee] Gutsy Gibbon Ubiquity Installer

chris wyllie cgwyllie at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:24:40 GMT 2007

That does sound like a right pain in the arse right enough. The only time
I've installed Ubuntu recently was 7.04 and it hung on the last step of
installation and broke itself so I just wiped it. To be honest, I've seen a
plethora of problems with Ubuntu and its derivatives even booting on some
laptops because they try to detect a floppy drive the laptop doesn't have
and then it hangs. Normal Debian doesn't do this, so why couldn't the Ubuntu
folks just leave the boot procedure more or less alone?