[dundee] Gutsy Gibbon Ubiquity Installer

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 13:18:29 GMT 2007

I have to say i have been using ubuntu since just before 7.04  and both the
7.04 and 7.10 releases never gave me a problem. on either my desktop or my
laptop.

when the partitioner came up  i selected manual partition mainly to setup a
separate home partition. as for the windows transfer wizard i selected not
to transfer settings and the instillation carried on with no issues.

although i would say i have also tried the alternate text installer and it
does give you more control over the install process. (i prefer it. Not keen
on click and wait wizards)

for reference systems i run ubuntu on .

Desktop :

   - asus gx9000 MB
   - Intel PD940 3.2Ghz Dual Core
   -  2GB DDR2
   - 400GB SATA
   -  2 x Nvidia 6600 LE

Laptop :

   - Compaq Presario v5000
   - AMD Turion 2Ghz
   - 1GB Ram
   - 100GB HD
   - Mobile Radeon 200m

and of course my Playstation 3.

on a side note the only real issues i have had have been due to me mucking
about.. lol

--
Umbrella Corporation :-
"They are the fear within all of that there is a company. The Corporation