[dundee] Gutsy Gibbon Ubiquity Installer

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 16:32:46 GMT 2007

Kris, I was installing Linux Mint 4 on a partition to have a look at
it as I put this distro on other windoze users machines. I was not
offered a choice in using the migration assistant, it was using it
whether I liked it or not and it was trying to transfer all settings
for all my partitions!, so it obviously stalled. Whether Linux mint
has been modified differently from Gutsy Gibbon, I would not know. A
final question, does the migration assistant give the user a choice of
what settings and from where for the migration? The only six-step
installer that I know that works flawlessly is Xandros, never any
problem, unless someone else knows otherwise.

Gordon