[dundee] Linux mint 4

gordon dunlop astrozubenel at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:46:44 GMT 2007

I always use custom or manual partitioning so that I always know where
I am putting things, but in your case where the Ubiquity installer is
only a six or seven step installer and takes away a lot of user
control the installer has to get it exactly right (like Xandros) with
no bugs as it is dealing with people's systems. It does not matter if
the operating system itself is a bit buggy as you always do work
arounds, but the installer has got to be the best as it can.
Installers is a bit of a bug bear of mine (pardon the pun), I don't
mind complex or textual installers as long as it does what it is
supposed to do. The main thing that puts off any potential user to an
operating system is if the installer doesn't work, they will try
another distro after the first or second failure. I don't know
anything about Vista, but after reading what some users think of it,
there might not be a great loss to you.

Gordon