[dundee] Rootkit's and MicroShame i mean soft...hmmmmmmm

Arron M Finnon afinnon at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 25 00:07:37 GMT 2007

Hi Guys,

My mini project for ethical hacking (if some of you didn't know i'm a
second year ethical hacker, or am i a web designer? (sorry thats a
in-joke for some of the EH on my year that are on the list)), but lets
pull this back into line, i'm doing rootkits on Linux OS's.  I'm
especially interested in kitting a 2.6 kernel.  So just a quick shout
out if anyones had some experience or some insight on this if you could
holla back.  If it's any good i may do a presentation on it, if it's not
that good i'll do a flash talk on it ;-)

However i found this today, and i think by it's description you could
infer that it's a rootkit too.  MicroShaft, i mean soft...hmmmm moving
on have installed security updates on people's machine even though they
have set it to notifiy them of updates.  Story is here -
http://www.heise-security.co.uk/news/95992

It's stuff like this that makes me so grateful to be a linux user, and
makes proving the point of switching a hell of a lot easier.  As for
lucifers lunge being buggy, i just imagine that he would have a few
creepy crawly bugs in there, and we always say "oh, it's buggy as hell",
but yeah Lee i concur with the ikea part too.

Laters

Arron