[dundee] Re: dundee Digest, Vol 123, Issue 13

Simon Wells swells at computing.dundee.ac.uk
Sun Nov 25 12:00:12 GMT 2007

I couldn't really tell from the description of your problem but the
solution may lie with refresh rate for the monitor rather than a
driver issue.

If the resolution of the desktop is correct but the overall size of
the desktop is indeed squished then it might be a refresh rate issue.
I have found that a CRT driven at, for example, 60Hz as opposed to
75Hz, leads the screen to display smaller on the monitor with black
bars around the edges. Setting a more appropriate refresh rate caused
the display to fill the screen properly. Another solution may be to
investigate the "zoom" controls of your monitor. Just a thought...

Simon