[dundee] Fedora Core 3 htree error

Alan S Frost alan at biziserve.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 18:56:27 BST 2007

Thanks Gordon for the speedy response.

I have no problems with any of the files within /etc only the /etc
attributes.

Yesterday (11th Oct) when I first became aware of the situation it it
locked down (made read-only) all of the files in the /etc tree until I
rebooted the server this morning. I am now able to read & write to files
in the /etc tree successfully.  The "lsattr /etc" attributes still
remain the same though "----------I-- /etc". As you will see from my
have searched high and low on the web and have not found a suitable
reason for the cause nor a solution.

Alan