[dundee] Nvidia 3-D on Xen in Fedora

Andrew Clayton andrew at digital-domain.net
Sat Oct 13 11:23:56 BST 2007

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 10:57:47 +0100, gordon dunlop wrote:

> I meant expert relatively speaking (being a Fedora user), I thought if
> anyone would have an idea you would. Nvidia guys are not interested,
> there are some patches about there but it does not seem to work. Ah
> well, I just have to keep using the  normal Fedora kernel  or use the
> Fedora Xen kernel in 2-D using the  X.org  Nvidia driver, thanks
> anyway.

Your best bet is to switch to something supported with open source
drivers, e.g Radeon 9200/9250 (r200) can be had quite cheaply.

r500 may now be on option with AMD's release of docs and such. Give it
a few months.

Or stick with nvidia and keep an eye on the Nouveau project.
http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/

Currently my graphics card of choice is an ATI r200 based one,
9200/9250.

If I was buying a new machine, I'd probably go for on board Intel.

> Gordon

Andrew