[dundee] LPIC

gordon dunlop gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 19:54:58 BST 2007

Let me give you an overview of the situation Kris. The Abertay Linux
Society consists of students, professional IT people and general Linux
enthusiasts. There is a great mixture of experience, age, race,
religion, creed & Linux distribution preferences, the vast majority are
also Taylug members. We are not just a Linux group (talking about Linux
things) but are also a social group. We act like a community where
knowledge and friendship is shared irrespective of experience. The LPIC
certification is an opportunity for the society to help each other out
both professionally and personally using a non-distribution specific
training program, maintaining unity and a community spirit at a
reasonable financial cost. The certification will benefit both new and
experienced members alike. I will now stop being diplomatic in order to
get my point across. You say you like the practical model used by Redhat
and Novell with hands-on actual problem solving and troubleshooting?
What the f**ck have I been doing for the past few years with Fedora and
openSuSe? Other Taylug members will be probably doing the same. We all
use Linux on our workstations and/or laptops, tell some of our Gentoo
users that they need hands-on problem solving in Linux, what planet do
you live on? Yeah it would be good if there was a Linux Lab at Abertay,
not for Linux certification purposes, but for real Linux hacking. We are
not Microsoft people so do not compare the Microsoft certification model
with Linux certification, we Linux people really care about our
operating system. I am sorry if I coming over a bit sharp Kris but we
are not fools so do not treat us as such.

Gordon