[dundee] LPIC

Jason Cormie Jason-lug at wormwood666.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 13 22:51:43 BST 2007

gordon dunlop wrote:
> get my point across. You say you like the practical model used by Redhat
> and Novell with hands-on actual problem solving and troubleshooting?
> What the f**ck have I been doing for the past few years with Fedora and
> openSuSe? Other Taylug members will be probably doing the same. We all
> use Linux on our workstations and/or laptops, tell some of our Gentoo
> users that they need hands-on problem solving in Linux, what planet do
> you live on?

Even after doing the proposed certificate, I may still look at redhat as work
is a debian/redhat shop on the linux front.

> Yeah it would be good if there was a Linux Lab at Abertay,
> not for Linux certification purposes, but for real Linux hacking.

It boils down to labs are supposed to be for teaching purposes or research, if
a member of lecturer is running a linux module he may get a linux lab (if it
can't easily be done on one of the available linux servers.

Incidentally if you do want access to a linux box at UAD and your not doing a
linux related module, ask the helpdesk for access to KYDD and we'll enable you
account.http://kydd.uad.ac.uk/ putty and cygwin should be available in the labs.

> We are
> not Microsoft people so do not compare the Microsoft certification model
> with Linux certification, we Linux people really care about our
> operating system.

I'm afraid I've got a dusty MCSE (NT4) sitting in a drawer ;-)

--
Jason Cormie