[dundee] Microsoft tactics - Universities

James Young j at jayoung.co.uk
Sun Sep 16 00:06:24 BST 2007

Yep, but it's not just health boards.  It's open to any NHS employee.
You can also get earlier versions this way too (although I believe
that's a revision to policy)

As you can imagine, this could cause some 'opportunities'.  I've looked
at 07 briefly and its backward compatibility isn't too great.  The
problem being that the compatibility pack is a download  and  its not
entirely compatible.

They're trying to get Office on machines and Vista on machines as much
as they can.  Not out of desperation but as a strategy to position
upcoming software like Live and Silverlight.

It could also be a tactic to cause a refresh in the PC cycle.  I think
it's operating on all kinds of different levels though and is part of
strategy.  Of course, I also believe that JFK wasn't killed by Lee
Harvey Oswald. :-)