[dundee] sed

Nistur nistur at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 19 21:52:09 BST 2007

I'm sure everyone has at some point heard me herald the beauties of Arch
Linux and the coolest package manager in the world, pacman, especially
when combined with ABS. Anyway, I was looking for an RSS ticker and the
only (first maybe?) one that showed up was GNUsTicker, I later found it
only had a 0.1 release and then died in 2005. I thought great, if it
works (screencaps seem to say it does) then I can even start giving back
to the community and create a PKGBUILD file for the Archlinux User
Repository and not have to worry too much about maintaining it. However,
the build system runs in ways that I didn't realise, it makes a fake
install, well, instead of make install, it basically installs to
/var/abs/local/$(pkgname)/pkg as the root, rather than / the Makefile
for GNUsTicker however chmods a file in /usr/libexec/GNUsTicker
Now, the bit I need help with, how on earth do I get it to chmod the
correct file? I am assuming using sed (hence subject) but sed, to me at
least looks like someone got angry with a keyboard. I (think I) want a
sed script to stick a variable at a sensible point in a makefile and
change a line lower down.
eg.

prefix = /usr
    chmod a+x $(PYTHONCODEDIR)/gnusapplet.py

would hopefully be changed to:

prefix = /usr
pkgprefix=`pwd`
    chmod a+x $(pkgprefix)$(PYTHONCODEDIR)/gnusapplet.py

Thank you to anyone who can help