[dundee] Gentoo

Lee Hughes toxicnaan at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 12:44:14 BST 2007

Hey, This is a misunderstanding, My feeling was that 'MY POST' Taysiders in space was a off topic, not voice recognition,
as that is fine with me!

 off topic fridays!???? whoops.  yikes! Set Phasers to Malkie!

Interesting points though!

On a personal note, I only laugh at people if they asking me
windows questions! ;-) .

I'm sure that the human race was never intended to communicate via text form, unless in love letters! ;-)

Cheers,
Lee
'will fix linux for kicks'

gordon dunlop <gordon at zubenel.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: Actually we are not off topic as speech recognition software has to be
trained to the user's voice and has trouble with dialect variations of
English. The handicapped  people in Tayside that use voice recognition
software, whether in windows or in Linux , find difficulty in using the
software, especially the elderly because the dialect  is more pronounced
than in the younger generation therefore Digit's post and the questions
asked in my post has (with a bit of humour) has full viability within
this mailing list. We are a community, whilst pertinent Linux posts are
required it is not wrong to show a touch of human frailty, humour or
compassion. Do we all want to be a bunch of robots with no feelings
towards our fellow man or woman? I know that some members of OUR Taylug
that would like to say something but they are intimidated in case they
are made feeling inadequate by so called Linux experts. That is so wrong
to my beliefs, we are a congregation where everyone should be excepted,
we are here to help one another, I am only conveying my feelings.

Gordon

Lee Hughes wrote:
> Shall we declare friday,  'Off Topic' day on a friday?!!!
>
> haha
>
> *//*

Chat on IRC, #tlug on dundee.lug.org.uk